The objectives of the Irish Family History Society are:
- To promote the study of Irish family history and genealogy.
- To promote the preservation, security and accessibility of archival material.
- To promote the recording of gravestone inscriptions.
- To advise all those interested in seeking their Irish roots.
- To encourage the repatriation of information from overseas on Irish emigrants.
- To collaborate with and support other societies with similar aims.
What we do
To pursue these objectives the Society undertakes a number of activities.
- The Society publishes a Journal annually.
- In addition, a News Sheet is issued each Spring and Autumn containing up-to-date Society information, members’ queries, details of future activities and news from the world of Genealogy.
- The IFHS arranges lectures and seminars which are normally held at the Dublin City Library and Archive, 138/144 Pearse St., Dublin 2.
- We organise outings.
- Annual General Meeting, followed by 2 guest speakers.
- Members’ Area on our website offers free access to Resources
- Closed Facebook Group for Members.
If you want to support us and/or avail of the benefits a Society Membership offers, you should join us.
Membership is only €25 per year. And in addition to the above, a Society Membership entitles you to a 25% discount on an Irish Newspaper Archive subscription, which is normally €149 per year.
To join us, please click the button below.