Published by The Ulster Historical Foundation.
The Church of Ireland diocese of Clogher consists of the six deaneries of Clogher, Clones, Enniskillen, Kesh, Kilskeery and Monaghan.
The book begins with lists containing names of bishops, deans, chancellors, precentors, prebendaries, canons and diocesan curates of the Diocese from 1923 onwards. Under the heading of Bishops the first one named is MacCarthinn, a companion of St. Patrick, 493 a.d. These are followed by 90 pages of pictures of the parishes churches and the incumbents from its inception to date.
The rest of this large publication consists of an alphabetical list of the biographies of the clergy, beginning with Aldhouse, Frederick Stephan, 1845 – 1941, through to Young, Agustus, 1845 – 1941.
From there through to the index there are pen pictures of Bishops, Deans and Canons and also of parishes, which are listed alphabetically, showing the incumbents and their year of inception.
This very large hard covered book is a very helpful resource for anyone researching clergy of the Church of Ireland within the diocese and a useful source of reference.